Thursday, April 25

Purple Velvet Cupcakes


A failed 'success'. I have been experimenting with different purple velvet cake recipes for a few weeks now and I am still having trouble getting the right shade of purple.

The cake recipe I ended up having the most success with is a tweaked version of this red velvet cake from Sweetapolita, one of my go-to blogs for recipes and cake designs. I used her cake recipe to make a 3-tier 8 inch cake for some design practice and a few cupcakes (pictured here).


It turns out deep purple is very difficult to create in a velvet cake and some elementary school primary color mixing is necessary. But all wasn't lost. Since the sun was finally out, I decided to play around with my camera and try different angles. (Ignore the foil wrappers, these were not meant for a blog post)



The cupcakes were delicious and the best part of this experiment! All in all, I have the cake side down and now I just need to work on getting that purple shade I want.

If anyone has ideas/advice on how to achieve this, please let me know in the comments below. 

4 comments :

  1. You are amazing! endlessly creative and these look yummy enough to eat right off the screen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! And it's only because I had the right mentors earlier in life :)

      Delete
  2. Purple velvet! Oh heck yes it's my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love purple too but it is difficult to achieve in a velvet cake apparently!! But I'm powering through and will get it!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...