Thursday, May 16

Banana Coconut Macadamia Muffins


I'm not a big fan of breakfast. For a long time, I skipped it and went right to lunch...yeah those were my college days lol! But since I started baking, I am back on the breakfast bandwagon, thanks to the discovery of how easy muffins are to make.

These days I make muffins at least once every other week. They are just so easy to whip up and I always use random ingredients lying around the kitchen.


For these, I used two bananas that were going bad, left over coconut shavings from this project and some macadamia nuts from these cookies

Mash the bananas, whisk in egg, oil, vanilla bean and coconut. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees and viola breakfast for an entire week!

They make for a great mid afternoon tea snack too :)


Banana Macadamia Coconut Muffins
Yield: 6 jumbo muffins or 10-12 regular muffins

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
3/8 cup packed brown sugar
2 medium ripe bananas
3 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
¼ cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1 egg
¼ cup sweetened coconut flakes
¼ cup macadamia nuts, chopped

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350oF and grease 6 large muffin tins.

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar in a bowl.

Mash the bananas and combine with the oil, yogurt, vanilla bean paste and egg in a medium bowl. Add the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in the coconut flakes and macadamia nuts.

Distribute batter into the prepared muffin tin. Optional: Sprinkle top with 2 tablespoon sugar and  1 teaspoon cinnamon (mixed).

Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.

Cool on a wire rack.

Store in an airtight container. 

Adapted from Foodismylife

1 comment :

  1. Cathy, Thanks for stopping by here :) I'll stop by your TGIF Link party this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...